El Nido, Palawan - Your Ideal Summer Getaway




El Nido Palawan


"I want something just like this" as Chris Martin  ringing in my head while riding the van going to El Nido, Palawan. My excitement erupted as "I want something just like this"  to be up close and personally meet the gateway to the Bacuit Archipelago. But before that, it was a tiring and exhausting travel going there. Our flight was  moved to later time in the afternoon not to mention the 6 hours van travel from Puerto to El Nido. 

I was compelled to agree with the van driver that we were going to eat our dinner around 9 pm even if I know my stomach cannot hold it. My mind traveled along the winding road, jumping, running and racing with the acids of my stomach. I wonder "some fairytale bliss" just to save me from erupting. I could feel the rush to devour a whole cow. Well, I guess the price to pay just to reach El Nido - "I want something just like this". 


"She said, where'd you wanna go? How much you wanna risk? I'm not looking for somebody with some superhuman gifts. Some superhero, some fairytale bliss. Just something I can turn to. Somebody I can kiss..." the song played on repeat - to infinity. 

I found myself looking into the beach at 12 midnight - euphoria as they say. 

Now let us start. I will not introduce Palawan anymore in this post. Because I believe the world knew the place after the Puerto Palawan Underground River listed as the New 7 Wonders of the World which further cemented Palawan's reputation as the Last Frontier in Asia. 


WHEN IN EL NIDO

JUST LAZE ALONG EL NIDO BEACH
Simply relax at El Nido's beach which gently curving along with several hotels, pension houses and beach bars facing straight the Bacuit Bay. Talk to locals. Have a walk in the center stage of El Nido's busiest place that usually cramped by pump boats offering island activity tours. Stay at Ogie's Beach Pension situated right in the middle of  the beach with a sitting area in the 2nd floor, which gives you views overlooking the ocean. 

ISLAND HOPPING, SNORKELING, DIVING of course  do not  miss it - the most popular activities in El Nido. The sea, sun and sun-kissed-skin  hashtags for your social media feeds. 


El Nido Palawan

El Nido Palawan


ENJOY THE NIGHT AT THE SAVA BEACH BAR
Considering that El Nido is one of the Philippines' primes tourist destinations, it's not surprisingly that bars are everywhere. Enjoy and dance to the beat as the DJ spins some groovy music at the first high end bar in El Nido - the Sava Beach Bar. After the whole day touring the Bacuit Archipelago,  treat yourself with their specialty crafted cocktails, wines and local beer. Don't worry  the ocean breeze do a great job of keeping you cool. 


El Nido Palawan

EL  NIDO CANOPY WALK
Experience El Nido at the top through Canopy Walk. A  much safer way to enjoy the spectacular view of El Nido. But if you dying to climb the highest point of El Nido, go to Taraw Cliff and be ready to scramble over sharp limestone. 


El Nido Palawan


DO NOT FORGET NIDO SOUP
Visit Skyline Restaurant for this bird's nest soup.

CATCH THE BEAUTIFUL SUNSET AT SEVEN COMMANDOS BEACH
A perfect place to end your whole day of island hopping.





RENT A BIKE
Roam around El Nido via scooter or a bike which can be rented around town easily and go on a little adventure. 


El Nido Palawan

In spite of moving with the times to offer all the amenities, Palawan has retained its own enduring identity, thus offering an appealing sense of peace.


Planning for your summer getaway? Go to El Nido, Palawan.

Cheers to your El Nido adventure. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment